ImmunoShield Unique Triple Action
ImmunoShield is the ONLY immune supplement that contains three clinically validated immune-boosting compounds.
Wellmune 1,3 1,6 beta glucans
WellmuneTM 1,3 1,6 beta glucans
Unlike other yeast beta glucans, WellmuneTM is the only ingredient that is patented, award winning and supported by over a dozen published, peer-reviewed human clinical studies (Ref.)
Clinical trials show that WellmuneTM primes the immune system to increase both the numbers and activity levels of vital immune cells, including neutrophils, macrophages and Natural Killer cells, as well as T-cells. This enables them to act more quickly in recognising and destroying harmful foreign viral and bacterial pathogens and abnormalities.
Other research shows that Wellmune helps reduce stress and can improve mental clarity.
How does Wellmune work?
Wellmune is taken up into the body through specialized immune tissue in the intestines. There, immune cells engulf Wellmune and degrade it into smaller fragments that bind to neutrophils, the most abundant immune cells in the body. Primed by Wellmune, neutrophils move more quickly to recognize and kill foreign challenges. See this short video:
Beta sitosterol is a plant sterol initially researched by University of Maryland Medical Center to help lower LDL cholesterol. Research not only shows that beta sitosterol helps to reduce stress and speeds recovery after illness, but two 2022 research reports (Ref. Ref.) demonstrate its chemo-preventative ability.
Further research shows when beta sitosterol is taken with vitamin D3, there is a significant synergistic immune strengthening effect. (Ref.)
Zinc plays a central role in the immune system – being essential for DNA synthesis and cell renewal.
There are several key government-approved Health Claims for this mineral:
Contributes to the normal functioning of the immune and nervous systems
Contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress, to normal iron transport in the body, and to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
Contributes to maintenance of normal connective tissues and to normal pigmentation of hair and skin
The growth and function of different types of immune cells, like macrophages, neutrophils, Natural Killer cells, T cells, and B cells is dependent on adequate zinc and impaired by zinc deficiency (Ref.)
Maintaining an adequate zinc status can limit the decline in immune function that often occurs with age. Studies involving older people supplementing with zinc suggest that it improves immune system function and resistance to infection.
- Multifunctional roles and pharmacological potential of β-sitosterol: Emerging evidence toward clinical applications - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Effect of vitamin D and β-sitosterol on immune function of macrophages - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Chemopreventive potential of beta-Sitosterol in experimental colon cancer model--an in vitro and In vivo study - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Molecular Mechanism of β-Sitosterol and its Derivatives in Tumor Progression - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Zinc and immune function: the biological basis of altered resistance to infection - PubMed (nih.gov)
- β-1,3/1,6-Glucans and Immunity: State of the Art and Future Directions - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Comparison of structural differences between yeast β-glucan sourced from different strains of saccharomyces cerevisiae and processed using proprietary manufacturing processes. | Semantic Scholar
- Yeast-derived β-1,3/1,6 glucan, upper respiratory tract infection and innate immunity in older adults - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Influence of yeast-derived 1,3/1,6 glucopolysaccharide on circulating cytokines and chemokines with respect to upper respiratory tract infections - PubMed (nih.gov)
- [PDF] Randomized phase II clinical trials of wellmune WGP[R] for immune support during cold and flu season | Semantic Scholar
- Effects of an Immunomodulating Supplement on Upper Respirato... : Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise (lww.com)