NutriSHIELD Essentials • NutriSHIELD Premium • Anti-Ageing NR+A • ImmunoSHIELD • JointSHIELD • MicroBIOTIC • Vitamin D3
Why you need more Vitamin D
Recent research suggests that optimum levels of vitamin D intake may be far higher than had been thought.
Food sources are limited and the natural production of vitamin D in the skin from sunlight is restricted in the winter months. And our skin’s ability to convert vitamin D from sunlight declines as we get older.
Low levels of vitamin D are linked to serious health risks
'Deficient' means that you are not even getting enough vitamin D to meet the official RDAs.
Many expert researchers believe that an optimum blood level of vitamin D brings health benefits well beyond its effect on bones, muscles and even the immune system.
Supplements are now recommended by Public Health England
Vitamin D supplements are now widely recommended by health professionals and government experts, including Public Health England.
UK regulators approve these health claims for Vitamin D:
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal bones, teeth and muscle function
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin D has a role in the process of cell division
- Vitamin D contributes to normal blood calcium levels and the absorption of calcium and phosphorus
Recommended use in winter November to February in UK, Europe, North America
The consensus from Public Health England, the European Food Safety Agency and the US National Institutes for Health is that the safe level of daily supplementation for adults is up to 4,000 IU of Vitamin D, while many Vitamin D health researchers advise up to 10,000 IU per day.
Uni-Vite Vitamin D3 is supplied in micro-capsules of 2,000IU.
- ADULTS – one capsule a day
- ADULTS in outdoor occupations – one capsule every other day
- CHILDREN 12-18 – one capsule every other day
1 pack x 120 for £4.95 • SAVE £1 - 2 packs x 120 for £8.90